Add STops from a Spreadsheet
Pro subscribers have access to our spreadsheet upload tool, which allows you to bulk-upload Stops with an Excel (.xlsx) spreadsheet. We ask users to follow our upload template guidelines to promote accuracy.
Upload Step by Step Guide:
1. Download & Prepare your Upload Template
2. Upload your Template through the Pro site
3. Check your mobile device for your Uploaded Route
If you have app notifications enabled, you will get a notification indicating successful upload.
Upload Template Guidelines:
Do not modify the header row (row 1)--this row gives important information to our system that helps categorize the data.
In general, the required columns have a green header; the rest are supplementary. Required columns, along with any notes, are listed below:
- Name - identifier for the address. Most commonly, this will be the resident/point of contact at your Stop
- Building/House Number - numerical part of street address
- Street Name - street part of street address
- Country - see list of country codes on the second sheet of the Excel template
- Color - the color of the Stop or Favorite pin when uploaded. When left blank, the addresses will upload to your account’s default colors. See list of colors on the second sheet of the Excel template
- Phone - phone number for your contact
- Note - any pertinent information you would like to add to your Route. If you use hashtag filtering, this is the place to include those hashtags.
- Latitude & Longitude - you can use coordinate values, instead of addresses, to define your Stops. Any values here will override the address.
- When filling out this column, opt for decimal degrees (ex. 40.0150, -105.2705) rather than degrees, minutes, and seconds (ex. 40 0 54 N, 105 16 14 W)
- Stopover/Visit Time - the number of time in minutes you expect to spend at each Stop. This will be calculated into your total Route travel time.
If you attempt an upload and it doesn’t go through, make sure you read the text in the pop-up, which will provide details on what needs to be adjusted for a successful upload!
Here are a few troubleshooting tips for the most common issues if you get stuck:
- Header Error - make sure your header row is unmodified from the original template
- Even if you leave a column blank, you should not delete the full column
- Geocoding Error - take a look at the row # if a geocoding error appears, and locate the site on your spreadsheet
- Make sure the address is typed correctly by comparing the address to Google Maps
- File Type Incompatible - RoadWarrior is only compatible with .xlsx documents at this time
- Convert any .xls or .csv files to .xlsx, with the proper header rows, before uploading